Saturday, January 19, 2013

Daryl Thong ORCA/Blitz-powered XRAY T4 wins ROCS Round 1 ORCA Super Stock 13.5T (January 13, 2013)


16-year old Daryl Thong took his first TQ and win of 2013 at the ROCS Round 1 for ORCA Super Stock 13.5T class, in his XRAY T4 powered by ORCA and Blitz bodyshells.

Daryl had trouble with traffic and retiring in Q1, ended up well in Q3 which he took TQ by just a mere 1s gap. In the Leg 1 of A-Main, Daryl retired due to not having enough traction in the wet track from the rain earlier, but came back winning Leg 2 and Leg 3.

Daryl feels ecstatic about the win in the first race of the season and he had this to say after the race. "I was expecting at least a podium but was not expecting a win as I did not feel really prepared the day before when I was practising, further more my laptimes were not fast enough. I am glad I started the year off with a win, and I hope I can continue this success throughout the whole season. After missing out the win last season, I hope to go one better to take the win this season and I hope to continue this good performance to try to fulfill this expectation"

No comments:

Post a Comment