Round 2 of inaugural Elite Class on March 17, 2013 featuring 5 RC car manufacturers (ARC, Hotbodies, Tamiya, Xray and Yokomo) competing in the Modified Class was disrupted by rain forcing the race director to take the only qualifying for the final standings. Team Tamiya Singapore's Alvin Koh took the top spot with Team Xray Singapore's P.Y.Tang and E.C.Wee rounding up the podium spots.
The event started in a sunny morning, but rain showers disrupted qualifying 2 just before noon time. Unable to restart the race despite waiting until about 5pm, the race director finally calling off the race. P.Y.Tang from Team Xray Singapore stated that he started off very slow in Q1 suffering from severe understeer, eventually found out to have a wrong spring setup, although he added that finishing in podium is a good position when his car is not in pace this weekend compared to the Tamiya team. E.C.Wee taking 3rd, also felt similar to be lucky being in the podium, which he is looking forward to getting his new XRAY T4 to gain better pace.
Along side with the Elite Class is the season 2 ROCS and ORCA series. A total of about 40 entries entered to compete in 3 classes of ORCA Spec Class, ORCA Super Stock 13.5T and 1:12 Pan Car. Close competitions in the ORCA Super Stock 13.5T seperated drivers into 3 mains. Again rain disrupted the race, and final results was taken from qualifying rounds.
Top 3 Final Standings (ORCA Spec Class - Control ORCAQ Spark & RX2 17.5T):
1. Alan Cher - Tamiya 417X - BLITZ XFR
2. Chhua Joo Kiah - Tamiya 417V5
3. Kamen Koh - XRAY T3 - ORCA INFINITE
Top 3 Final Standings (ORCA Super Stock Class 13.5T)
1. Hasron - TOP Photon EX - ORCA VX/ORCA RX2
2. Alan Pang - Tamiya 417V5
3. Colin Tong - XRAY T4 - ORCA INFINITE
Race report by Soo
1. Alvin Koh - Tamiya 417V5
2. P.Y.Tang - XRAY T4 - ORCA VX/ORCA RX2/ORCA INFINITE - BLITZ TSX
3. E.C.Wee - XRAY T3'12 - ORCA VX/ORCA RX2/ORCA INFINITE - BLITZ XFR
4. Nelson Lee - ARC R10 - BLITZ XFR
5. Ben Seet - Hotbodies TCXX
6. Alan Leung - Yokomo BD7
7. Allister Lim - Hotbodies TCXX
8. Nicholas Lee - Tamiya 417V5
9. Marcus Choo - Yokomo BD7
10. Leonard Sim - ARC R10 - BLITZ TSX