Friday, October 25, 2013

Team ARC Singapore reports on 2013 Raceworks Elite Class Series

Leonard Sim reports on 2013 Raceworks Elite Class Series just ended in September, which is a new racing concept introduced by Raceworks in 2013 in an attempt to create the "F1" of 1/10 Touring class. Leonard Sim and Nelson Lee formed up Team ARC Singapore for the 2013 series debuting the ARC R10 race car.

Leonard Sim quoted his 2013 season as below.
"All the drivers in this competition are highly experienced and have impressive racing resumes. Competition was very steep. From the onset, I struggled to get used to modified power. Having been playing stock for the longest time, I have never ventured into the world of modified motors. Hence, in the initial stage, I was struggling to adjust to the modified powerband. The next challenge was tire management. All the drivers were struggling to find the correct balance between fastest single lap and consistent 5 mins pace due to tire overheating issues.

Above issues forced me to explore various setup solutions to find the right balance. I was glad that my car was sensitive to setup changes and allowed me to quickly tune the car to be fast and easy to drive competitively for 5 mins. I would say the balance of the car was always not bad.

In this series of 7 races, I had bad luck in the opening 4 rounds with problems ranging from electronics issues, rain, racing incident and etc which set me in a bad position to challenge for better overall positions. However, in the latter rounds where I did not have the above issues, I was always able to stay competitive and was challenging for a podium spot.

Together with my team mate Nelson Lee, we put up quite a fight and finished the season 3rd overall. In the grand scheme of things, I would say that the result is not bad given that ARC R10 is a very new brand on the market compared to the more established brands. We strive to improve on this year's showing and hope to achieve better results with the brand."





Photo: Cheryl Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment