From left: E.C.Wee, Nicholas Lee, P.Y.Tang
Series 3 of the Racecraft Infinity On-Road Challenge 2010-11 was held on December 26, 2010 at Racecraft Race Complex in Singapore. The race was postponed which was supposed to be two weeks earlier due to rain. The qualifying started off with Nicholas Lee setting off the fastest pace and remained fastest from round 1. P.Y.Tang unable to get used to the Orca Vritra and RX2 powerplant as the 5.5T turbo was just too powerful for the small size track. Tuning down the powerband and some changes to the spring setups, P.Y.Tang was able to cut laptimes down on round 3 but unfortunately he caught behind a backmarker in the mid straights causing valuable time loss. E.C.Wee took Q2 which he ran a consistent run in round 3.
Top 10 A-Main Qualifying Standings (Modified Class):
1. Nicholas Lee - Tamiya - 21 laps 5:02.474
2. E.C.Wee - Xray, Orca - 21 laps 5:10.169
3. P.Y.Tang - Xray, Orca - 21 laps 5:12.445
4. Hasron - Yokomo - 20 laps 5:03.705
5. Kevin Wong - CEFX - 20 laps 5:04.990
6. Chee Lip Keong - Tamiya, H-Energy - 20 laps 5:07.629
7. Desmond Tan - Xray - 20 laps 5:10.701
8. James Ki - Xray - 20 laps 5:10.701
9. H.J.Quek - Xray - 20 laps 5:14.071
10. Paul Lok - Tamiya - 19 laps 5:02.140
Nicholas Lee took an easy win for Final A1 and A2, while P.Y.Tang now managing a faster pace was busy trying to pass E.C.Wee for 2nd position in all three finals. As E.C.Wee was very consistent on his laptimes, it was pretty tough for a pass by P.Y.Tang. After some close battling and swapping position, P.Y.Tang managed to finish ahead of E.C.Wee.
Top 3 A-Main Final Standings (Modified Class):
1. Nicholas Lee - Tamiya - 2pts
2. P.Y.Tang - Xray, Orca - 3pts
3. E.C.Wee - Xray, Orca - 5pts
P.Y.Tang's Xray T3'2011 uses the Orca Vritra TC Pro-Spec ESC, Orca RX2 5.5T Professional Brushless Motor, Orca Infinite 5500Mah 50C LiPo, Orca Powerboost, Orca 16V ESC Capacitor Plate.
E.C.Wee's Xray T3 uses the Orca Vritra TC Pro-Spec ESC, Orca RX2 5.5T Professional Brushless Motor, Orca Infinite 5500Mah 50C LiPo.