Thursday, April 14, 2011
Orca TQ and win 4WD GT at Tamiya Asia Cup Singapore Qualifying Round 2 (April 10, 2011)
Round 1 winner P.Y.Tang yet again took his Orca-powered Tamiya TA05R-V2 to TQ and win the 4WD GT Round 2 of the Tamiya Asia Cup Singapore Qualifying 2011. High traction Atalon RC Speedway was the venue for Round 2, located at Turf City Singapore. Entries were lower for this round but atmosphere of the event and among drivers has been fantastic!
4WD GT Qualifying was dominated by P.Y.Tang posting the fastest laptime of the day at 15.072 seconds in Run 3, showing off the Orca Infinite 6000 60c powering his 12T Tamiya TA05R-V2 effortlessly around the track. E.C.Wee having some trouble setting up his TB03 respectably qaulified in 2nd while H-Energy powered Chee Lip Keong in 3rd. P.Y.Tang also managed to control the finals winning all 3 A-Main, and got even faster posting 14.861 seconds lap after some setup changes to the droop and applying different tire addictive. Podium spots still up for grabs, E.C.Wee managed to take 2nd overall after some tight battling in the finals.
Top 3 Qualifying Standings A-Main (4WD GT)
1. P.Y.Tang - Tamiya TA05R-V2 - Orca Infinite - 20 laps 5:10.499
2. E.C.Wee - Tamiya TB03 - Orca Infinite - 19 laps 5:12.192
3. Chee Lip Keong - Tamiya TA05R - H-Energy - 19 laps 5:12.432
Top 3 Final Standings A-Main (4WD GT)
1. P.Y.Tang - Tamiya TA05R-V2 - Orca Infinite
2. E.C.Wee - Tamiya TB03 - Orca Infinite
3. Chee Lip Keong - Tamiya TA05R - H-Energy
In the Super Stock, last round winner Darryl Thong took an impressive TQ in his Orca-powered Tamiya TT01 over some of the veteran competition. Under the support of 2009/2010 4WD GT class Singapore Champion P.Y.Tang, Darryl Thong was determined to be able to qualify for the Super Stock Class to the Tamiya Asia Cup Finals 2011, which he just missed the final spot in 2010. In pole position, the young Darryl Thong was under a lot of pressure by more experienced driver Kevin Wong and Shawn Chow following closely behind. Using his racing experience, Final A1 and A2 won by Kevin Wong after close calls and multiple position changes with Darryl Thong, who had to settle for 2nd overall. Jieming with a win in the Final A3 took the final spot in podium pushing Shawn Chow to 4th overall. With increasing experience and fast improving skills, we would see more of Darryl Thong in action in Round 3 which will be held in Racecraft Race Complex in May.
Top 10 Qualifying Standings A-Main (Super Stock)
1. Darryl Thong - Tamiya TT01 - Orca Infinite - 16 laps 5:08.298
2. Kevin Wong - Tamiya TT01 - 16 laps 5:13.419
3. Shawn Chow - Tamiya TT01 - Orca Infinite - 16 laps 5:20.246
4. Jieming - Tamiya TT01 - Orca Infinite - 15 laps 5:07.717
5. Adam - Tamiya TT01 - 15 laps 5:14.951
6. Calvin Tan - Tamiya TT01 - 14 laps 5:00.581
7. Kamen Koh - Tamiya TT01 - 14 laps 5:02.170
8. F Y Cheong - Tamiya TT01 - 14 laps 5:02.776
9. Tan Chee Chong - Tamiya TT01 - 14 laps 5:03.408
10. Piravin - Tamiya TT01 - 14 laps 5:09.114
Top 4 Final Standings A-Main (Super Stock)
1. Kevin Wong - Tamiya TT01
2. Darryl Thong - Tamiya TT01 - Orca Infinite
3. Jieming - Tamiya TT01 - Orca Infinite
4. Shawn Chow - Tamiya TT01 - Orca Infinite
P.Y.Tang's Tamiya TA05R-V2 was powered by Orca Infinite 6000 60C LiPo and H-Energy 2500 5C LiPo for Sanwa M11X Transmitter.
Race Report prepared by Soo.