Friday, December 16, 2011

Adrian Berntsen and ORCA wins first round of the Norwegian NIS (December 7, 2011)


















 


The first round of the Norwegian (NIS) national indoor series took place in Fagernes, a city 200km north for Oslo. We saw a 600m2 track, with pretty low grip and a very technical and challenging layout. We started the practice on Saturday with a test race before the real race started on Sunday. I was looking forward for testing my new ORCA products in a race finally.


On Saturday we tried different settings on the speedo to try to find the best, as I only had been testing on a pretty low-speed track earlier. By having a good facebook-dialog with Andreas throughout the whole weekend, we found the perfect adjustments for me on the track, which had good on-throttle feeling and very much power both on the straight and in the inner parts of the track.

As the traction was very low, we tried different setups for the car aswell, but whatever we did it seemed that it was the traction that was so low that the only thing working was to change my driving style which in the end worked very well.

The test race on Saturday ended in me winning (as well as I TQ’d) in front of Petter Berntsen and Kjell Gunnar Guttormsen, so everything was looking good before the race on Sunday.

As the race started on Sunday, I felt pretty confident with myself, the car and the electronics. The setup, speedo and motor were all set.

In the qualification I faced some problems in 2 of the 3 qualification rounds, which made me finish only the last round. I took the TQ with approximately 8 seconds in front of Petter Berntsen. Kjell Gunnar Guttormsen finished 3rd.

In the first two finals I got off from the rest of the field, and managed to improve the lead from start to end, and in the end I won both finals almost one lap in front of Petter Berntsen in 2nd. That meant I won the first race with my new Orca products and my first win with the Yokomo. Petter took 2nd while Roger claimed 3rd spot in the last final. Looking forward to 2012 season starting of with the DHI Cup.



















Source: ORCA Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment