Sunday, November 21, 2010
Orca TQ and win at the Trust Hobby Racing Xray Malaysia Cup Series 4 (November 21, 2010)
P.Y.Tang TQ and took the win for Team Orca and Team Xray in the Modified Class at the Trust Hobby Racing Xray Malaysia Cup Series 4. The finals did not take place as rainstorm washed out yet another race this month.
This time the race was ran in an anti-clockwise direction which is fairly tough as the original track layout was designed to be in the clockwise direction. As the traction was generally low in the morning, tire choice and treatment as well as having a good setup was crucial. P.Y.Tang has been testing his new powerplant combination of Orca Vritra TC Pro-Spec ESC and 6.5T motor with turbo boost on, which he ran an accident-free run on Heat 2 and saw him took the first 24 laps. P.Y. added that this combination is very easy to drive in the in-field and much faster than most modified motors on the long straight. This setting will be much more advantageous in a bigger track which requires the extra speed.
Top 10 Qualifying and Final Standings (Modified Class)
1. P.Y.Tang - 24 laps 5:03.387 - Xray/Orca
2. Jonest Wong - 24 laps 5:09.617 - Tamiya/LRP
3. Ken Ng - 24 laps 5:09.817 - Xray/H-Energy/LRP
4. James Ki - 23 laps 5:01.328 - Xray/LRP
5. Lee Han Chuang - 23 laps 5:01.529 - Xray/Hobbywing
6. How - 23 laps 5:05.086 - Xray
7. Bernard Lee - 23 laps 5:09.995 - Xray
8. Paul Lok - 23 laps 5:12.556 - Tamiya/LRP
9. Jazzck - 23 laps 5:13.485 - Yokomo
10. Ah Boon - 22 laps 5:05.822 - Xray
P.Y.Tang's Xray T3 is powered by Orca Vritra TC Pro-Spec ESC, Orca Infinite 5500Mah 50C LiPo Race Pack, Orca Power Boost, Orca 16V ESC Super Capacitor Plate and GFT Dish Wheel.
Stay tuned for more Orca product news as the Orca Vritra TC Pro-Spec will be tested on the RX2 6.5T Professional Brushless Motor with turbo boost!