Thursday, September 20, 2012
BLITZ XFR wins ORCA Spec 17.5T at ROCS Round 6 (September 16, 2012)
In the highly successful ORCA Spec 17.5T, we have seen many newcomers into racing since the event started and this class is the most competitive. The ORCA Spec 17.5T is a subsidized event by Quantum Racing and Raceworks Hobbies, where all racers uses the ORCAQ Spark ESC with ORCA RX2 17.5T Professional Brushless Motor. Title contender was between Alan Cher and Dominic Quek who has been on podium since the series started.
Alan Cher who has found a way in the last few rounds to really tighten up the gap to contest for the series champion which saw a good combination setup of his Tamiya TRF417X with the BLITZ XFR bodyshell. Qualifying rounds saw Alan Cher with 7sec advantage over 2nd position Dhillon Tay, and current points leader Dominic Quek settling for 3rd from the grid.
Top 10 Qualifying Standings ORCA Spec 17.5T (A-Main)
1. Alan Cher - Tamiya TRF417X - BLITZ XFR - 20 laps 6:07.834 - 18.112s
2. Dhillon Tay - XRAY T3'12 - 20 laps 6:14.823 - 18.247s
3. Dominic Quek - XRAY T3'12 - BLITZ XFR - 19 laps 6:03.104 - 18.544s
4. Joo Kiah - Tamiya TRF417X - BLITZ XFR - 19 laps 6:03.673 - 18.653s
5. Danny - Tamiya TA06 - BLITZ XFR - 19 laps 6:09.454 - 18.688s
6. Mark Lim - Tamiya TA06 - 19 laps 6:09.565 - 19.068s
7. Kevin Keiw - XRAY T3'12 - BLITZ XFR - 19 laps 6:10.229 - 19.173s
8. Jonathan Ho - XRAY T3'11 - BLITZ XFR - 19 laps 6:13.181 - 19.045s
9. Kenji Taira - Tamiya TRF417X - 19 laps 6:18.587 - 19.075s
10. Melvin Huang - Tamiya TA06 - 18 laps 6:01.825s - 19.036s
Finals stayed pretty much the same where Alan Cher checked out Final A1 and A2. With Dominic Quek taking two 2nd and Dhillon Tay two 3rd.
Top 10 Final Standings ORCA Spec 17.5T (A-Main)
1. Alan Cher - Tamiya TRF417X - BLITZ XFR - 2pts
2. Dominic Quek - XRAY T3'12 - BLITZ XFR - 4pts
3. Dhillon Tay - XRAY T3'12 - 6pts